2017 Diversity Impact Award Recipients
Orlando, FL (October 6, 2017) –The Nation’s Top 25 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and Diversity Councils were honored at the 9th Annual ERG & Council Honors Award™ luncheon celebration today at the 2017 ERG & Council Conference at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Orlando. Taking top honors was the General Motors Employee Resource Group, followed by the Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Inclusion & Diversity Council and the Aramark Diversity Advisory Board.
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual ERG & Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., andits practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital linksfor improving organizational results,” said Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM and co-host “Participants report that completing the application challenges them to look hard and deep at what they are doing by evaluating their efforts and then enacting adjustments that make them better. Our intent is to enable ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils to use this application to learn what they are doing well and how they can continue to increase their impact and effectiveness,” concluded Stokes.
In its ninth year, the prestigious ERG & Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity and inclusion processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Fernando Serpa, the Executive Director of the Association and last night’s co-host said, “This year’s applications represented 1,330 ERGs, BRGs, Diversity Councils and their chapters. This is by far the most competitive and exciting field to date.” The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients are a diverse combination of U.S. organizations representing most sectors, geographies and sizes. “We also had several non-Top 25 groups demonstrate best practices and results that deserve to be recognized,” said Serpa. “As a result, we have introduced the Spotlight Impact Award™ that highlights the achievements of these select groups in the categories of Organizational Impact, Talent Management and Culture of Inclusion.”
Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations, governmental agencies and not for profits representing various sectors, geographies and organization sizes.
The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
- General Motors Employee Resource Group Council
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Inclusion & Diversity Council
- Aramark Diversity Advisory Board
- ClinicPride Employee Resource Group – Cleveland Clinic
- Texas Instruments Diversity Network
- Professional Women’s Network Massachusetts Chapter – State Street Corporation
- U.S. Bank Proud to Serve
- Americas D&I Council – JLL
- Diversity Advisory Council – American Airlines
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council – Davenport University
- Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Council – Erie Insurance
- InspirASIAN – AT&T
- Diversity & Inclusion – Delhaize America
- MSAG (Military Support and Assistance Group) – Bank of America
- Entergy Employee Resource Group
- Froedtert Health Diversity Council
- UNIDOS System Resource Group – Carolinas HealthCare System
- Bon Secours Executive Council – Bon Secours Health System
- Ricoh Diversity and Social Responsibility Council – Ricoh USA, Inc.
- Research Quality Nutrition and Technology Diversity and Inclusion Council (RQNT D&I) – The Kellogg Company
- Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) – Enterprise Resource Group – MUFG Union Bank, N.A
- African American Employee Resource Group (AA-ERG) – Northwestern Mutual
- U.S. Bank Spectrum LGBT
- SALUD – Cleveland Clinic
- Diversity Advisory Council – Summa Health
The 2017 Spotlight Impact Award™ recipients in alphabetical order include:
- CalPERS – CalPERS Diversity & Inclusion Group
- KeyBank – Key Business Impact and Networking Groups (KBINGs)
- NextEra Energy, Inc. – NextEra Energy Women in Energy Employee Resource Group
- Northwestern Mutual – Military Veterans ERG
- Novant Health – Latino/Hispanic BRG
- PNC Bank – Cleveland Chapter Military Employee Business Resource Group
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. – Military Virtual EBRG
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. – PNC Regional Diversity & Inclusion Council
The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award Ceremony was hosted by Linda Stokes and Fernando Serpa and honored the TOP 25 U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils.
2017 Conference & Honors Award Photos
To qualify for the ERG & Council Honors Award™, ERGs and Diversity Councils must be in operation for at least two years and have demonstrated significant contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education. Every applicant receives their results in their complimentary Application Summary Report that provides feedback and information that will enhance their performance and increase their value to the organization they serve. This is an open application process with no cost or obligation. Membership with the Association of ERGs & Councils is not required.
The 2019 ERG & Council Honors Award application process opens in September 2018. For more information about the ERG & Council Honors Award or the ERG & Council Conference, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Honors Award™.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However, to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Conference.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM and the premier resource for transforming Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils and Employee Network Groups to impact key organizational and business objectives. Learn more by visiting the Association.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, addressing unconscious bias, increasing cross-cultural competencies and creating more effective ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting PRISM.