2016 Diversity Impact Award Recipients
For Additional Information Contact: Debbie Mitchell, Debbie@PrismDiversity.com
Las Vegas, NV (October 21, 2016)
The Nation’s Top 25 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and Diversity Councils were honored at the 8th Annual ERG & Council Honors Award™ dinner and ceremony last night at the 2016 ERG & Council Conference at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas. Cleveland Clinic’s African American Employee Resource Group took top honors followed by the Davenport University’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council and the Asian Business Resource Group of The Coca-Cola Company.
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual ERG & Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., and its practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results,” said Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM and co-host. “Participants report that completing the application challenges them to look hard and deep at what they are doing by evaluating their efforts and then making adjustments that make them better. Our intent is to enable ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils to use this application as a way to learn what they are doing well and how they can continue to increase their impact and effectiveness,” concluded Stokes.
In its eighth year, the prestigious ERG & Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Fernando Serpa, the Executive Director of the Association and last night’s co-host said, “This year we had a 20% increase in applications representing 1,279 ERGs, BRGs, Diversity Councils and their chapters. This is by far the most competitive and exciting field to date.”
Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations, governmental agencies and not for profits representing various sectors, geographies and organization sizes.
The 2016 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
- African American Employee Resource Group – Cleveland Clinic
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council- Davenport University
- Asian Business Resource Group – The Coca-Cola Company
- Diversity and Inclusion Team – Citizens Energy Group
- U.S. Bank Proud to Serve – U.S. Bank
- Mallinckrodt Inclusion and Diversity Council – Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Women in Leadership BRC (WILBRC) – Northern Trust
- PNC Regional Diversity and Inclusion Council – PNC Financial Services Group
- Advancing Professionals Resource Council (APRC) – Northern Trust
- Diversity Advisory Council – American Airlines
- PNC Proud ERG Louisville Chapter – PNC Bank
- ClinicPride Employee Resource Group – Cleveland Clinic
- Professional Women’s Network – Massachusetts Chapter (PWN-MA) – State Street Corporation
- Diversity & Inclusion – Delhaize America
- Texas Instruments Diversity Network (TIDN) – Texas Instruments Inc.
- Big “I” Diversity Task Force – Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, Inc.
- McKesson ERG Council – McKesson Corp.
- Association of Latinos at MassMutual and Allies (ALMMA) – Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Pride Business Employee Resource Group – Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
- One Team – One Mission (1T1M) Military & Veteran System Resource Group (SRG) – Carolinas HealthCare System
- PNC Technology Diversity & Inclusion Council – PNC Financial Services Group
- Salud – Cleveland Clinic
- CalPERS Diversity & Inclusion Group – California Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Flexible Work Employee Network – State Street Corporation
- NextEra Energy Corporate Diversity Council – NextEra Energy, Inc.
The 2016 ERG & Council Honors Award Ceremony was hosted by Linda Stokes and Fernando Serpa and honored the TOP 25 U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils.
View 2016 Conference & Honors Award Photos
“We are excited about continued increase in this year’s applications, attendance and sponsorship. It shows that more organizations are appreciating how critical diversity and inclusion initiatives are to their future development. Furthermore, it highlights the importance that ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils have on impacting key organizational objectives,” said Serpa.
To qualify for the ERG & Council Honors Award™, ERGs and Diversity Councils must be in operation for at least two years and have demonstrated significant contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education. Every applicant receives their results in their complimentary Application Summary Report that provides feedback and information that will enhance their performance and increase their value to the organization they serve. This is an open application process with no cost or obligation. Membership with the Association of ERGs & Councils is not required.
The 2017 ERG & Council Honors Award application process opens in February, 2017. For more information about the ERG & Council Honors Award or the ERG & Council Conference, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Honors Award™.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However, to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting ERG Council Conference.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, addressing unconscious bias, increasing cross-cultural competencies and creating more effective ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting PRISM.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM and the premier resource for transforming Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils & Employee Network Groups to impact key organizational & business objectives. Learn more by visiting the Association.