2009 Diversity Impact Award Recipients
For Additional Information Contact Debbie Lent at 888.997.7476.
The Association of Diversity Councils, a practice group of diversity and inclusion consulting and training firm PRISM International, Inc., recognized the TOP 25 U.S. organizational diversity councils with the First Annual Diversity Council Honors Award™ given during a recent award ceremony at the 10th Annual Summit on Leading Diversity Conference in Atlanta.
This award recognizes and honors the outstanding contributions and achievements of the nation’s top 25 diversity council groups that lead diversity processes in their organizations and have demonstrated results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace.
The 2009 First Annual Diversity Council Honors Award™ recipients include (by rank):
- Boehringer Ingelheim USA Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Council
- Lockheed Martin
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Diversity Council
- Ameren Corporate Diversity Council
- CSX Global Inclusion Council and Affiliates
- Sun Microsystems, Inc. Global LCO Inclusion Council
- Cargill Women’s Council
- NYSE Euronext Diversity Council
- American Airlines Diversity Advisory Council
- Bayer HealthCare, Berkeley Diversity Council
- Navy Diversity Directorate Strategic Diversity Working Group (SDWG)
- Comcast Corporation Diversity Council
- American International Group, Inc.
- The University of Iowa Diversity Council
- FedEx Freight Diversity Council.
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Diageo North America Inclusion and Diversity Council
- SSM Health Care Diversity Council
- Mercy Medical Center DREAM Committee
- United States Steel Corporation Diversity Council
- Army & Air Force Exchange Service Diversity Leadership Council
- International Paper Diversity Council
- NW Natural Diversity Council
- Gannett Diversity Council
- IKON Office Solutions Corporate Diversity Council
Janice E. Bowman, President of the Association of Diversity Council Honors Award, says, “The work of these top Councils elevates the overall significance and value of all Councils. The strategies, tactics, activities, commitments, results and achievements they have identified help to set the standard of excellence for diversity and inclusion councils on a national level, and provide inspiration for all who are on the front lines of diversity and inclusion every day.”
A panel of independent judges evaluated applications submitted by council groups that have been in operation for at least two (2) years. Applicants were evaluated on contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Council Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education. Every applicant will receive a “report card” based on the information provided in their application. This data will include results for each of the 4 specific focus areas, and will provide them a statistical baseline upon which they may build.
The application process for the 2010 Second Annual Diversity Council Honors Award™ will begin in September. Interested councils can register to receive application notification by registering at 2010 Honors Award Application notification. 2010 recipients will be announced at an award reception at the 11th Annual Summit on Leading Diversity Conference in Atlanta in March, 2010.
About The Association of Diversity Councils
The Association of Diversity Councils, is dedicated to increasing the impact, effectiveness and recognition of diversity councils as an essential partner in developing, implementing and maintaining a strategic diversity focus within organizations. It offers participation in a member-based network of organizational diversity councils; and provides leading edge diversity council consulting experiences for councils in all stages of development and operation.